Education Data and Insights (EDI) provides market intelligence, analysis, opportunities and data from Austrade's extensive network in Australia and overseas to support Australia’s international education and training sector.
- Over 20 years of detailed international student data downloads
- Student and regional data dashboards to analyse trends, and a sandbox to create your own charts
- Detailed market intelligence and insights, including sub-sector opportunities
- Premium access to news and industry reports
- Study Australia Agent Hub resources
EDI Eligibility and fees
Eligibility for EDI is limited to Australian organisations with a demonstrated commitment to the best interests of the Australian international education sector.
Access for eligible organisations is through an annual paid subscription in accordance with government cost recovery principles.
An organisation with a unique ABN must subscribe as a unique organisation and cannot access EDI under the subscription of a parent or sibling organisation.
A subscribed organisation can provide unlimited access to any number of its individual staff members at no additional cost.
||Annual fee (A$)
CRICOS registered institutions
Education institutions that are CRICOS registered (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas students), the Australian Government register for education institutions providing courses for people studying in Australia on student visas.
Fees are calculated according to the number of interntational student enrolments at the institution in the previous calendar year.
- $1,500 for less than 1,000 students
- $6,000 for 1,000 - 10,000 students
- $11,000 for greater than 10,000 students
NON-CRICOS registered education organisations and Edtech organisations
- Non-CRICOS registered providers offering AQF-accredited (Australian Qualification Framework) and/or non-formal Australian education and training services delivered in Australia or offshore.
- Developers of technology-based platforms and services for the delivery of education and training products.
A peak body or advocacy association with specific interests in the Australian international education sector.
Australian Government bodies involved in policy and promotion of international education. Excludes government bodies of a commercial nature, and/or those that are CRICOS registered.
Other "special case" subscription
Organisations involved in the international education and training industry that do not match an eligible organisation type listed above.
- Australian organisation (with an ABN); and
- Demonstrated commitment to the best interests of the Australian education sector.
"Special case" applications
Organisations involved in the international education and training industry that do not match an eligible organisation type (as listed above) may be considered for a "special case" subscription. Special case applications will be granted for a subscription period of 12 months only. Clients granted access in this category must meet the criteria for each 12-month period of subscription, whether sequential or otherwise. Austrade is not required to accept any special case applications and does so at its absolute discretion. Education agents, media organisations and organisations who provide consulting services are not eligible for EDI access.
Terms and conditions of access
All subscribed organisations and individuals accessing the EDI agree to abide by the terms and conditions.
Find out about how to set up your account today
Access to EDI